登陆注册
5462300000012

第12章 入住酒店

预订酒店

中西文化

预订房间的方式有好几种:可以给旅馆发信预订,可以亲自到旅馆预订或给旅馆打电话预订。如果旅馆接受客人的预订,预订员会把有关情况记录在预订日志上。

在境外,特别是欧洲国家,订房基本都用信用卡担保。当然,如果在非旺季的时候酒店会给你最后取消的期限,在这个期限内取消订房是不会扣你钱的。

典型对话

1.预 订 双 人 房 (1)

A:Advanced Reservations. Can I help you?

A:客房预订部,能为您效劳吗?

B:Yes, I'd like to book a double room for Friday next week.

B:我想订一个下周五的双人房间。

A:OK. sir. How long will you be staying?

A:好的,先生。您打算住多久?

B:We'll be leaving Saturday morning.

B:我们将在星期六上午离开。

A:We do have a double room available for those dates.

A:那时我们确实有个双人间可用。

B:What is the rate, please?

B:房费是多少?

A:The current rate is 40 dollars per night.

A:现行房费是40美元每晚。

B:Does that include the service charge and tax?

B:包含服务费和税吗?

A:Yes, sir.

A:包含,先生。

B:That sounds pretty good, I'll take it.

B:听起来不错,我订这个房间。

A:We look forward to seeing you next Friday.

A:我们下周五期待您的光临。

2.预 订 双 人 房 (2)

A:Hello. Is there a room available tonight?

A:今天晚上有空的房间吗?

B:What kind of room would you like to have?

B:请问你要什么样的房间?

A:I'd like a twin room, please.

A:我想要双人房。

B:Hold on, please... I'm afraid we're fully booked. The only room available at the moment is a suite.

B:请稍候,……恐怕我们的房间都被订完了。目前唯一有空的是间套房。

A:Oh, I see. Thank you anyway.

A:哦,我明白了。尽管如此,我还是谢谢你。

3.预 订 双 人 房 (3)

A:Hello! I'd like to book a double room.

A:你好,我要订一个双人间。

B:Beginning when?

B:什么时间开始入住?

A:Next Wednesday.

A:下星期三。

B:How long will you be staying?

B:你打算住多长时间?

A:Five nights.

A:住5夜。

B:With front view or rear view?

B:要阳面的房间还是阴面的房间?

A:I'll take the one with a front view and I want a quiet room.

A:要阳面的房间,并且要一个安静的房间。

B:May I have your name and your phone number, please?

B:请告诉我你的姓名和电话号码好吗?

A:My name is Klass,K L A S S and the phone number is 95781606.

A:我叫克劳斯,K L A S S,电话号码是95781606。

B:OK. Good bye!

B:好的,再见!

A:Good bye!

A:再见!

4.预 订 单 人 房

A:I'd like to reserve a room, any rooms available here?

A:我想预订一个房间,你们还有空房吗?

B:Yes, what kind of room do you want?

B:有的,你要哪种房间?

A:A single room with bath, please.

A:请给我一间带浴室的单人房。

B:For how many nights?

B:要住多久呢?

A:A week. From July 13th to 19th.

A:一个星期,从7月13号到19号。

5.预 订 套 房

A:Could you tell me what kind of rooms do you have?

A:你们有什么样的房间?

B:There are single rooms, double rooms, suites and deluxe suites in our hotel.

B:我们旅馆有单人间、双人间、套房和豪华套房。

A:Have you any suites room for 6 nights?

A:你这儿有可住6夜的套房吗?

B:Yes, I can offer you room 1008 on the first floor.

B:有,你可以入住一楼1008号房间。

A:Do you have a room with a better view?

A:你们有视野更好一点的房间吗?

B:Yes, you can reserve a suit with a view of the sea on the top floor.

B:你可以订一间可以看见大海的顶层套房。

A:Can I see the room?

A:我能看一下房间吗?

B:Yes, of course, follow me, please.

B:当然可以,请随我来。

A:I suppose you don't have any bigger, have you?

A:你们没有再大点的房间,是不是?

B:Isn't the room big enough for you, Sir?

B:先生,这间房间还不够大吗?

A:Just OK.

A:就这样吧。

B:If you need something, just call me or press the button over there.

B:如果需要什么,你可用电话叫我或者按那边的按钮。

A:OK.

A:好的。

6.预 订 优 惠 房

A:Can I help you, Sir?

A:先生,你要住店吗?

B:Yes, how about this hotel's accommodations?

B:要住,这个旅馆的食宿怎么样?

A:Our accommodation is suitable and very cheap.

A:我们的食宿很实惠。

B:How much a day do you charge?

B:一天收多少钱?

A:80 dollars with a private bath and TV service included.

A:一天80美元,有独立的浴室和电视,并包括了服务费。

B:Do you have any cheaper one?

B:有便宜一点的吗?

A:Yes, 50 dollarsa night.

A:有住一夜50美元的。

B:Meal's included?

B:是否包括伙食费?

A:No, meals are extra.

A:伙食费另算。

B:How much is it for bed and breakfast?

B:房费加早餐多少钱?

A:55 dollars.

A:55美元。

B:Does the hotel offer any other services?

B:这个旅馆还有哪些服务项目?

A:We have a laundry, a store, a barber shop, post services, a newspaper stand and so on.

A:有洗衣房、小商店、理发店、邮电服务和报刊柜等等。

Checking In入住登记

中西文化

当你到旅馆告诉对方你已经预订了房间时,接待员会在登记簿上或是电脑上查看。若有你的名字,他会告诉你:I do show your reservations.(你已在我们这儿预订了房间。) 当你登记完后,接待员会为你准备好出入证。然后,他会向你介绍饭店的各项服务,告诉你可以自己到哪儿了解饭店的服务项目。

典型对话

1.入 住 双 人 房 (1)

A:I made a reservation for a double room here. My name is Jack Jones.

A:我在这儿预订了一个双人房间。我叫杰克·琼斯。

B:Yes, we do have a reservation for you. How long do you plan to stay?

B:是的,这儿是有您预订的房间。您打算住多久?

A:Three days. I'll be leaving Tuesday morning.

A:三天。我们将在周二上午离开。

B:Then please fill out the registration card. Your room number is 1208.I hope you will enjoy your stay.

B:请填好这张登记卡。您的房间号是1208。希望您住得愉快。

A:Thank you. By the way, will you do me a favor, Miss?

A:谢谢。顺便问一下,小姐,你能帮我个忙吗?

B:Certainly, sir.

B:当然可以,先生。

A:I wonder if your hotel has a morning wake up call service.

A:你们旅店是否有叫醒服务?

B:Yes, sir. Would you like a morning call?

B:是的。您想我们早上叫醒您吗?

A:Would you call me up at 6 sharp tomorrow morning?

A:明天早上六点整叫醒我好吗?

B:Certainly.

B:当然。

2.询 问 酒 店 酒 吧 情 况

A:Anything else I can do for you?

A:您还需要其他服务吗?

B:When will the bar open?

B:酒吧什么时间开放?

A:It opens at 10:00 p.m.

A:晚上十点开放。

B:And where can I have my laundry done?

B:脏衣服送到哪里去洗?

A:An attendant will come to collect your laundry.

A:服务员会到您房间去收。

B:Do you offer room service?

B:你们提供客房服务吗?

A:Yes, we do.

A:是的,提供。

B:Thanks a lot.

B:非常感谢。

A:It's my pleasure.

A:荣幸之至。

3.入 住 双 人 房 (2)

A:Hello. I have a reservation for a double.

A:你好。我预订了一间双人房。

B:What is your last name?

B:请问您贵姓?

A:It is Smith. Here's my driver's license.

A:史密斯。这是我的驾驶执照。

B:Yes. I do show your reservations. How would you like to pay for the room?

B:是的。你已在我们这儿预订了房间。你准备怎样付房费?

A:I'd like to put in on my Visa card.

A:用Visa信用卡付账。

B:Fine. Here is your room key. Here is also a map of our hotel. The swim ming pool, gym and sauna are all located on the first floor.

B:好的。这是你的房间钥匙。这儿还有一张我们旅馆的图。游泳池、健身房和桑拿浴室都在一楼。

A:Great. Is our room ready yet?

A:很好。我们的房间准备好了吗?

B:Yes. If you want to order room service, just press “0” on your phone. And that will connect you with the front desk.

B:准备好了。如果你需要客房服务,就打电话拨“0”,那样就能把你的电话接到前台。

4.重 新 预 订 房 间

A:Let me introduce myself. I come from Canada. I am called Smith. I have just arrived here from Guangzhou. Has the Travel Service reserved a room for me?

A:让我自己介绍一下,我是加拿大人,叫史密斯,今天从广州来。旅行社是否已替我预订了房间?

B:Let me see...no. Would you please go to national Travel Service and go through the procedures.

B:我查一下……没有。那么请到国际旅行社办委托手续。

A:Could I have a room now?

A:我能租一个房间吗?

B:Please show me your passport.

B:请给我看看护照。

A:I expect we shall be here for a week at least.

A:我想在这里至少住一个星期。

B:Would you like to have a single room, a suite or a double room?

B:房间有单间、套间和双人间,你要哪一种?

A:A suite at ease. I hope they're quiet. I hate noises at night. What is the rate per day?

A:我要套间,我希望很安静,我讨厌夜里有噪音。每天房租多少钱?

B:60 yuan per day with an additional charge of 25% for air conditioning. How long will you stay here?

B:房租每天60元,另加空调费百分之二十五,你住几天?

A:All right, I'll take this for five days.

A:好吧,我在这里住五天。

5.填 写 个 人 信 息

A:Will you please fill in the registration form.

A:请你填写住宿登记表。

B:Surname, Christian name, Nationality, Permanent address, Place and Date of birth, Signature. Is that all right?

B:姓、教名、国籍、永久住址、出生地和日期,签字。这样可以吧?

A:Yes, that's all, thank you. Your room number is 422 on the fourth floor. And here are the keys. The page will show you up to your rooms and your luggage will be brought up straight away.

A:是的,就是这些,谢谢。你的房号是422,在四楼。这是钥匙,服务员将带你到房间,你的行李会立刻送到的。

B:This room faces a wrong direction. Can I move to another room?

B:这间房间方向不好。能否换一间?

A: All right. Let me change it for you. The rooms are all occupied today. I will change the room for you tomorrow. Is that all right?

A:好的,我给你调换一下。今天没有空房间了,明天再给你调换好吗?

B:OK. Thanks.

B:可以,谢谢。

6.临 时 入 住 登 记

A:We want a room for two nights at a reasonable price.

A:我们想住两夜,请问有没有价钱适中的房间。

B:Is your reservation made, Sir?

B:先生你们是否预订了房间?

A:No, it isn't.

A:没有。

B:Do you want a double room, Sir?

B:先生,你们要一间双人房吗?

A:We'd rather have two singles with bath.

A:我们最好要两个有浴室的单人房。

B:Let me see what we have... Here is one on the second floor and another on the third.

B:等我看看有什么空着,……这里有一间在二楼,另一间在三楼。

A: Don't you have two on the same floor?

A:没有同一层楼的吗?

B:No, we haven't.

B:是的,没有同一层楼的。

A:How much do you charge for them?

A:那些房间要多少钱?

B:The former is two hundred Yuan and the latter is one hundred and fifty Yuan.

B:前面的房间收200元,另一间收150元。

A:We'll take the one on the third floor then.

A:那么我们要三层楼的房间吧。

B:Thank you please, fill out a form here.

B:谢谢,请在这儿登记。

7. 入 住 单 人 间

A:Hello, can I help you, Sir?

A:先生,你好,能为你效力吗?

B:Yes, I'd like to check in.

B:我要办理住店手续。

A:May I have your name, Sir?

A:请问先生大名?

B:I'm Enoch.

B:我叫伊诺克。

A:Do you have a reservation with us, Sir?

A:先生,你预订过房间吗?

B:Yes, for tonight.

B:订过,就是今天晚上。

A:Please wait a moment; I'll check our reservation record... Oh, for a single room.

A:请稍等,我查一下订房记录……哦,订了一个单人间。

B:Yes, I reserved it two weeks ago.

B:我是两个星期前订的。

A:How many days would you want to stay?

A:你打算住几天?

B:Six days.

B:住6天。

A:Please fill out this registration card.

A:请填好这张登记卡。

B:Sure.

B:好的。

A:OK. Your room number is 2108 and this is your key.

A:好了,你的房间号为2108,这是你的房间钥匙。

8.入 住 顶 层 房 间

A:Do you have any vacancies?

A:有空房间吗?

B:Yes, but only on the top floor.

B:有,不过只有顶层的房间。

A:Can I book a twin bedded room from now until Friday?

A:能订一间从现在住到星期五,放两张单人床的房间吗?

B:Yes, I can let you have a room at the back.

B:可以。能给你一间在后面的房间。

C:Have you got through with the check in procedure?

C:你办好了住店手续吗?

A:Yes.

A:办好了。

C:Could I have a look at your room No.Card?

C:给我看一下你的房间卡好吗?

A:Sure. My room number is 1018.This is my registration form.

A:好的,我的房间是1018。这是我的住宿登记表。

C:Come in, please.

C:请进。

A:Will you please wake me up at six o'clock tomorrow morning?

A:明天早上6点钟叫醒我好吗?

C:Yes, I'll press the bell at your door at that time.

C:好的,到时候我将按你的门铃。

9.与 人 同 屋

A:Have you any spare room in the hotel?

A:有空房间吗?

B:You'll have to share with somebody, I'm afraid.

B:恐怕你只能同别人合住了。

A:Could you put an extra bed in the room?

A:能在这个房间中另外加一张床吗?

B:Sorry, I'm afraid not.

B:抱歉,恐怕不行。

A:What's my telephone number?

A:我房间的电话号码是多少?

B:The extension number is just the same as your room number.

B:电话分机号和你的房间号码正好一样。

A:Do I need to keep the key?

A:钥匙由我保管吗?

B:Please leave the key with the service counter when you go out.

B:你外出时,请把钥匙交给服务台。

A:Is it possible to leave our luggage until we are ready to leave tomorrow afternoon?

A:我们想寄放一下行李,明天下午离开旅馆时取,行吗?

B:Yes, we'll keep it for you.

B:可以,我们将为你们保管。

10.入 住 总 统 套 房

A:Can I help you, sir?

A:先生,能帮你忙吗?

B:Yes. I've a reservation. My name is Werner Raman.

B:我叫沃纳·拉曼,我已预订了房间。

A:Sorry, Mr. Raman, we cancelled your reservation.

A:对不起,拉曼先生,我们已取消了你的预订。

B:Why?

B:为什么?

A:You had planned to arrive about 4 o'clock p.m, but it's near midnight now.

A:你预订的是下午4点到,现已是午夜时分了。

B:Do you have other rooms available?

B:你们有空房吗?

A:We only have executive suites available now.

A:现在我们只有总统套房了。

B:How much are those?

B:那房多少钱?

A:Eight hundred dollars a night.

A:住一夜800美元。

B:It's too expensive. When can you change me to a regular deluxe room?

B:太贵了,何时能给我换个普通套间呢?

A:Tomorrow afternoon. Do you wish an executive suite for tonight?

A:明天下午可以,今晚你住总统套房吗?

B:Sure, I've no choice.

B:住,我已别无选择了。

A:Could you fill out the registration form, please?

A:请填一下登记表好吗?

B:OK.

B:好的。

UnitRoom Service客房服务

中西文化

住宿手续都是在旅馆大厅里办理的。办理好手续后,要及时熟悉室内外的设施。在高档旅馆里,你需要任何服务项目都可以用电话联系。在电话中,你把服务内容、要求、时间等说清楚就行了。

典型对话

1.叫 餐

A:I'd like to order room service to Room 527, please.

A:我住527号房,我需要客房服务。

B:How can I help you?

B:我能帮你做些什么?

A:I would like two roast beef sandwiches and one fruit salad, please.

A:我要两个烤牛肉三明治和一个水果沙拉。

B:Will that be all, sir?

B:就这些吗?

A:No. Could I also get some extra towels and soap too? We went to the pool today and used up our two clean towels.

A:不。可以再多给我几条毛巾和一块肥皂吗?今天我们去游泳了,两条干净的毛巾都用过了。

B:I'll have someone bring that up right away. How would you like to pay for the dinner?

B:我马上派人拿上去。你的晚餐准备怎么结账?

A:Just put in on with the rest of my hotel bill.

A:与我其他的旅馆账单算在一起。

B:All right, sir. You should receive your dinner in about 10 minutes.

B:好的,先生。晚餐大约10分钟就会送过来。

2.叫 醒 服 务

A:Is that room service?

A:客房服务部吗?

B:Yes, this is.

B:是的。

A:I wonder if you can help me.

A:不知是否能帮个忙?

B:What can I help you with?

B:我能帮你什么忙?

A:Call me to wake up at six twenty, please.

A:请在6点20分打电话叫醒我。

B:OK. May you have a good night.

B:好的。愿你睡一个好觉。

A:Thank you.

A:谢谢。

3.运 送 行 李

A:Good morning, sir. I'm an attendant. Would you please show me your room card?

A:先生早晨好,我是服务员,请你把房卡给我看一下。

B:All right. This is my room card.

B:好的,这是我的房卡。

A:Your room number is 710.Let me take you there. Let me carry your luggage.

A:你的房间号是710,让我领你过去。我来帮你提行李。

B:Thank you. I am sorry to trouble you.

B:谢谢,麻烦你了。

A:All your luggage is here, seven in all.

A:你的行李都在这里,共七件。

B:This piece is not mine. One of mine is missing.

B:这件行李不是我的。我少了一件行李。

A:Let me check it.

A:我帮你查一查。

B:Why hasn't my luggage been sent here yet?

B:为什么我的行李到现在还没有送来?

A:I can enquire of China International Travel Service about your luggage. Is this piece of luggage yours?

A:我向国际旅行社问一问。这件行李是不是你的?

B:Yes, this is the one.

B:是的,就是这件。

4.介 绍 宾 馆 其 他 服 务

A:Let me introduce our hotel briefly to you.

A:我简单地介绍一下宾馆的情况。

B:Very nice.

B:这太好了。

A:The Barber's, the Shop, the Cable Service, Billiards and Table Tennis Rooms are all on the ground floor. The visitors can do their shopping and have amusements there. The dinning room is on the eighth floor. Both Chinese and European foods are served. Service hours are: Breakfast 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m, Lunch 12:00 to 2:00 p.m, Supper 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. The Bar is on the first floor. The Service hour is 3:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m.

A:宾馆的底层设有理发室、小卖部、邮电服务部、台球房、乒乓室,来宾们可以在这选购物品,进行娱乐活动。餐厅设在八楼,中西餐都有。开饭的时间是:早餐7点至9点,午饭12点至下午2点,晚饭下午6点至8点。酒吧间设在一楼,营业时间是下午3点至午夜12点。

B:Thank you for your information.

B:谢谢你的介绍。

A:With pleasure. This is the key to your room. Please leave your key at the service desk when go out. If you need anything, just ring us.

A:我乐意效劳。这是你的房门钥匙。你外出时请把钥匙交服务台保管。你有事要找服务员,请按电铃。

B:All right. It is very kind of you.

B:好的,你想得真周到。

5.清 理 房 间

A:Good morning, Madam.

A:早上好,夫人。

B:Good morning.

B:早上好。

A:May I do the housekeeping for you now?

A:现在我能为你们清理房间吗?

B:Oh, we're talking now, can you come back in 2 hours?

B:噢,我们正在谈话,你能两小时后再来清理吗?

A:Sure.

A:当然可以。

B:You can tidy up a bit in the bath room now. Besides bring us a bottle of just boiled water, please.

B:你现在可以打扫一下卫生间。另外,请给我们拿来一瓶刚烧开的水。

A:Yes, is there anything else I can do for you?

A:好的,还有别的事吗?

B:No more.

B:没有了。

A:I'm always at your service, good bye!

A:我随时为你们服务,再见!

B:Thanks, good bye.

B:谢谢,再见!

Service Counter服务台

中西文化

酒店内的浴室一般会备有三条毛巾,它们各有各的用场。最小的毛巾是洗身子的,中号毛巾用来洗脸,最大的毛巾用来浴后擦身子。

有的酒店浴室内还有一根绳子,可千万别乱拉,因为那是为防止心脏病人突然发病设置的报警装置。

典型对话

1.兑 换 钱 币

A: Can you exchange this for U.S. dollars, please?

A:请你把这些钱兑换成美金好吗?

B:Just fill out this form, will you?

B:那就请把这个表格填一下,好吗?

A:OK. Here.

A:好啊。填好了。

B:How would you like it?

B:你的钱要怎么个换法呢?

A:Five tens, five fives and the rest in ones, please.

A:五张十元的,五张五元的,其余都要一元的。

B:Here you are.

B:请你点收。

A:Thank you.

A:谢谢你。

2.保 管 物 品

A:Excuse me. Can I deposit valuables here?

A:对不起,我可以把这些贵重物品存放在这里吗?

B:Yes, you can. Please put your articles in this envelope and seal it.

B:是的,可以。请把你的物品放在这纸袋中封起来。

A: OK.

A:好的。

B:How long would you like us to keep it?

B:你要我们保管多久呢?

A:Till next Monday when we check out.

A:到星期一我们退房时为止。

B:All right.

B:好的。

3.递 送 信 件

A:Any mail for me, room 325?

A:我是325号房间的住客,请问有没有我的信件?

B:Yes, a letter and a telegram. Also a message left by a gentleman half an hour ago.

B:有的,有一封信和一封电报。还有,这个留言是半小时前有一位先生留下的。

A:Let me see who called... I have to make a phone call. Here's the number. Please send him a phone for me.

A:让我看看是谁打来的。…… 我要打个电话。这是电话号码,麻烦你给我拨一下。

B:Just a minute... You are through.

B:请你等一会儿。……你的电话拨通了。

4.代 付 货 款

A:I'm expecting a parcel from a store.

A:我在等一个商店送货来。

B:Very well, madam. Is it paid for?

B:好的,太太。已经付钱了吗?

A:No, it is C.O.D. I didn't have any money with me then. Will you pay them and charge me, please?

A:不,货到才付款,当时我没有带着钱。到时请你先代付,然后再向我收钱好吗?

B:OK.

B:可以。

5.帮 忙 留 言

A:We are going out for a walk. If anyone calls, please ask them to wait.

A:我们到外面散散步,要是有人来找我们,请叫他们等一会儿。

B:How long will you be gone?

B:你们要去多久呢?

A:We'll be back in about an hour or so.

A:我们大约一个小时左右就回来。

B:You'll be back by 4:30 then?

B:你们4点半能回来吧?

A:Yes, at the latest.

A:能,最迟4点半。

6.送 洗 衣 服

A:I'm checking out this afternoon soon after lunch, but my laundry won't be ready in time.

A:我在这个下午吃过中午饭之后就退房,但是我拿去洗的衣服来不及带走了。

B:We'll send it to you. Where can we get in touch with you?

B:我们将会给你送去。在什么地方找到你呢?

A:I'll be at the Hong Kong Hotel.

A:我将会在香港旅馆。

B:How long do you expect to stay there?

B:你准备在那里逗留多久呢?

A:May be a week or more.

A:可能一个星期或更长些。

B:I understand, we'll see to your laundry.

B:我知道了,你的衣服我们会给你送去的。

7.代 找 翻 译

A:Can you get us an English speaking chauffeur to take us around for sight seeing?

A:你可以代我们找一个会讲英语的司机,带我们去周围游览吗?

B:There are not many available; but I'll try if I can. When?

B:这样的司机不多,不过我可以帮你找找看。什么时候要呢?

A:Well if not this afternoon, tomorrow morning will do.

A:噢,如果今天下午没有,明天早上也可以。

B:Sorry, they are all engaged three days ahead. Wouldn't a taxi do?

B:对不起,他们三天前就全被安排定了,不如坐出租汽车吧。

A:Then we would have to have an interpreter I suppose.

A:那么,我们要找个翻译了。

B:Why don't take a sight seeing bus? They have English speaking lady guides.

B:为什么不坐游览车呢? 他们有会讲英语的女导游。

A:Do those buses call at the hotel?

A:那些游览车在旅馆停车吗?

B:Yes in the morning, afternoon and in the evening for tours.

B:是的,在早上、下午和傍晚时都经过。

A:That will be all right, then. Thank you.

A:那就好了,谢谢你。

B:Not at all.

B:不用客气。

Morning Call电话叫醒

中西文化

外出旅行的人一般都是公务在身,因此早晨不能起晚了,以免耽误了工作。旅馆里一般都有叫醒服务,只要你给服务台打个电话,告诉她你的房间号和叫醒时间,你就可以安安稳稳地睡到天亮了。

wake up call可以指旅馆总机叫醒房客的电话,但也可以表示“让人醒悟的警讯”。例如,从不控制饮食的人偶然测了一次胆固醇数值,结果发现该数值正接近危险数值,那么医生可以对他说This is a wake up call for you. 意思就是“这是让你醒悟的警讯。”

典型对话

1.清 晨 叫 醒 (1)

A:What can I do for you, sir?

A:先生,我能为您做什么?

B:I want to request an early morning wake up call.

B:我想让你们明天早上叫醒我。

A:How would you like us to wake you up, by phoning you or by knocking at the door?

A:您希望我们怎么叫您,是给您打电话还是敲门?

B:Please phone me. I don't want to disturb anyone else. Could you call me up at six tomorrow?

B:给我打电话吧,我不想吵到别人。你们明天早上六点能叫醒我吗?

A:OK, sir. I'll tell the operator to call you then.

A:好的,先生,到时候我会让接线员给您打电话的。

2.清 晨 叫 醒 (2)

A:May I help you, sir?

A:先生,需要效劳吗?

B:I would like a wake up call please.

B:明天能给我打个叫醒电话吗?

A:Sure.

A:当然。

3.清 晨 叫 醒 (3)

A:Please call me at 6 a.m.

A:请在早上6点钟叫醒我。

B:All right, sir. It is six o'clock sharp, isn't it?

B:好的,先生。6点整是吧。

A:Yes. Don't make any mistake, for I must be up at that time.

A:你可别搞错了,我一定要在那时候起床。

B:No, I won't. Six o'clock, right?

B:不,我们不会搞错的。6点钟,是不是?

A:That is it.

A:对了,就是这件事。

B: (next morning) Good morning. Six o'clock call, sir.

B:(翌晨)你早,先生,6点叫醒电话。

4.晚 上 叫 醒

A:Will you do me a favor, ma'am?

A:小姐,能帮个忙吗?

B:Of course, sir.

B:当然可以,先生。

A:Would you wake me up at 7 p.m.?

A:你能在下午七点叫醒我吗?

B:OK.

B:可以。

Washing Clothes洗衣服

中西文化

如果你要送洗衣服,那么要把换洗的衣服放入衣柜内的洗衣袋中,并填写洗衣单,把单子也放入袋中,然后再打电话送洗。

你如果希望饭店送食物进客房,可要求“房间服务”,不过这比在餐厅吃要贵15%左右,而且小费要付现金,约20%。

典型对话

1.请 人 收 待 洗 衣 服

A:Could you send someone up for my laundry, please?

A:你们能派人收要洗的衣服吗?

B:A valet will be up in a few minutes.

B:洗熨工马上就到。

A: Thank you.

A:谢谢。

2.咨 询 洗 衣 价 格

A:Good afternoon, sir. What can I do for you?

A:先生,下午好。能为您效劳吗?

B:When will the attendant be here to collect my laundry?

B:服务员什么时候来收脏衣服?

A:At six o'clock in the afternoons, sir.

A:每天下午六点收,先生。

B:When can I have my laundry back?

B:我什么时候能取回洗好的衣服?

A:Would you like express service or same day?

A:您选择快洗服务还是当日取?

B:What's the difference in the price?

B:价格有什么不同?

A:It is a little more expensive for the former.

A:快洗会更贵一点。

B:Will the color run in the wash?

B:洗衣时会掉色吗?

A:No, we will dry clean the dress.

A:不会的。我们会干洗这条裙子。

B:How much do you charge for that?

B:你们要收多少钱?

A:10 dollarsin total.

A:一共10美元。

B:I'd like the bag to be washed by hand in cold water.

B:这个包要用冷水手洗。

A:Certainly, sir.

A:当然可以,先生。

3.洗 衣 要 求

A:Oh, I don't want my shirt starched.

A:我的衬衣不用浆洗。

B:OK, sir. I will remember.

B:好的,先生。我会记住的。

A:Will you please iron it for me?

A:你能帮我熨烫一下吗?

B:Certainly, sir. We will do it for you free of charge.

B:当然可以,先生。我们会免费为您熨烫。

A:What if there is any laundry damage?

A:洗衣时损坏了衣服怎么办?

B:In such a case, the hotel will certainly pay for it.

B:如果是这样,饭店会给予赔偿。

A:That sounds quite reasonable.

A:听起来很合理。

4.宾 馆 洗 衣

A:Do you have anything to wash, sir?

A:先生有衣服要洗吗?

B:Yes, I have two pairs of trousers and some clothes to be washed and ironed.

B:有的,这两条裤子和一件上衣要洗和烫。

A:When do you want them?

A:你什么时候要穿?

B:I want them this afternoon, because I'm going to a party tonight.

B:今天下午要,晚上我去参加宴会。

A:There is not enough time for the laundry. Is it all right for us to wash and press them for you?

A:让洗衣店洗来不及了,我们给你洗并熨烫好吗?

B:All right. That's very kind of you. When can I get these clothes back?

B:好的,那太谢谢你了。这些衣服什么时候洗好?

A:Tomorrow. Next time, please put the clothes to be washed into the laundry bag. The laundry bag is hung behind the bathroom door.

A:明天。请你下次把要洗的衣服放洗衣袋里,洗衣袋挂在浴室门背后。

B:Attendants!Please look in the pockets of my dirty clothes to see if there is a traveler's check in them.

B:好的。服务员,请你查一查,我要洗的衣服里是否有旅行支票?

A:No, there isn't anything in them.

A:没有。

5.送 错 衣 物

A:I'm afraid we've made a mistake. Please check the clothes to see if they are yours.

A:对不起,有件衣服我们送错了,请你检查一下。

B:Oh, this coat is not mine. I find that there is one shirt missing.

B:哦,这一件衣服不是我的,缺了一件衬衫。

A:Let me look for it.

A:我再去找一找。

6.织 补 衣 服

A:Here is a hole in this coat. Please mend it for me.

A:我的衣服有个破洞,请代为织补一下。

B:I don't think it will look nice after mending, because the hole is too big.

B:这口子比较大,织补后不一定能恢复原样。

A:It doesn't matter. If there is no great difference, that will be all right.

A:不要紧,只要织补得差不多就可以了。

B:Your coat has been mended. Is it all right?

B:你的衣服织补好了,请看看合乎要求吗?

A:It is very well done, indeed. Thank you very much. There's also a button missing on my coat. Can you sew on a button for me?

A:织补得很好。非常感谢! 我还掉了一个衣扣,能配吗?

B:It's difficult to get a same one, I'm afraid. What about a button which is similar in color to yours?

B:配一样的恐怕有困难,颜色相仿的行吗?

A:Yes, please. That will do if the color is similar. Please bring me a needle and some thread.

A:行,基本接近就可以了。请借给我针线用一用。

B:Do you want to sew on a button?

B:你是钉纽扣吗?

A:Yes.

A:是的。

B:Let me do it for you.

B:我来帮你钉吧。

7.洗 衬 衣

A:Can I help you?

A:你要洗衣服吗?

B:Yes, I've got some shirts that need cleaning.

B:是的,我有几件衬衣要洗。

A:Let me have them, please.

A:请交给我吧。

B:All right, here you are. I'll be needing them on Friday morning. Will they be done?

B:好的,给你。我星期五早上来取行吗?

A:You'll have them in time. Don't worry.

A:你可以及时取回的,别担心。

8.干 洗 衣 服

A:This suit needs dry cleaning and these shirts are to be washed.

A:这套衣服要干洗,这几件衬衣水洗。

B:Anything else, sir?

B:还有什么吗,先生?

A:No, but I must have them back by noon. I'm leaving in the afternoon, you know.

A:没了,不过今天中午一定要洗好。因为我下午就要走。

B:No problem. I'll tell them to do it right away. So if you back in about two hours, all will be ready.

B:没问题,我让他们这就去洗就得了。这样吧,你过两个小时来。

A:Good! See you later!

A:好,一会儿见!

Daily Service日常服务

中西文化

现代化的大型宾馆不仅有客房,而且拥有许多其他设施,通常有会议厅、鸡尾酒吧、小卖部,还有游泳池、健身房等娱乐设施。许多旅馆还有进行社交活动、召开会议的设备,例如舞厅、礼堂、大大小小的会议室、展览区等等。不管你有什么要求,不要犹豫,尽管提出。

典型对话

1.打 扫 房 间

A: (knocking at the door) May I come in?

A:(敲门)我可以进来?

B:Come in, please.

B:请进。

A:May I clean the room, sir?

A:我来打扫一下房间好吗?

B:All right, come in, please.

B:好的,请进来。

A:May I change the water of the thermos now?

A:我现在可以换暖瓶里的水吗?

B:Yes, please. Some of my friends will come and see me this afternoon. Will you please give me some more hot bottles and tea cups?

B:请换吧。下午我有朋友来访,请给我们增加些热水瓶和茶杯。

A:We will send tea into the room when the visitors come, don't worry. I will come and make the beds.

A:客人来访我们会端茶进来的,请你不必担心。我来铺床。

2.铺 床

A:Why did you come in without my permission?

A:你怎么没有得到我的同意就开门进来?

B:It's my negligence. I beg your pardon. Shall I do the room now or later?

B:我疏忽了,很对不起。你看是现在铺床还是等会儿铺?

A:Since you have come, you may do it now.

A:既然来了,就现在铺吧。

B:Here is your telegram.

B:你有一封电报。

A:Why is this telegram unsealed?

A:这封电报为什么被拆开了。

B:Because there is no name on the envelope, therefore the clerk unsealed it in order to find out the name of the receiver.

B:因为电报封面没有姓名,服务员为了核对姓名而拆开的。

3.找 回 钱 包

A:Have you lost anything today, sir?

A:先生,你今天丢了什么东西吗?

B:Yes, a wallet. I am looking for it now.

B:丢了一只皮夹子,我正在找呢。

A:What is there in the wallet?

A:里面有些什么?

B:My daughter's photo and some money.

B:有一张我女儿的照片,还有一些钱。

A:Look, is this wallet yours?

A:看,这只皮夹子是不是你的?

B:Yes, thank you ever so much.

B:是我的,太谢谢你了。

4.代 寄 包 裹

A:Will you get a messenger for me?

A:你可以给我找一个送信的服务员吗?

B:Do you want him right now?

B:你现在马上要吗?

A:I want to have this parcel delivered as soon as possible. This is urgent.

A:我想尽快将这个包裹送出去,这是急件。

B:Very well, sir. And the address?

B:好的,先生。地址呢?

A:It's on the parcel. And ask him to get the receipt please.

A:写在包裹上了。请他取回收据。

Other Services其他服务

中西文化

在欧美国家,当你乘坐出租车或在饭店、旅店消费,进行理发或美容时,除车费、饭钱、住宿费等应付的账单外,常常还需支付一定的小费。小费的比例一般为账单的10%~15%。人们通常给出租车司机、理发师、美容师、旅馆行李员小费。但在饭店和旅馆,如果小费已经算在账单里了,通常就不必给侍者小费了。

典型对话

1.事 务 多 多

A: (at front counter) Your baggage, please?

A:(在前台处)请问你的行李呢?

B:The bag and suitcase here and the golf clubs there.

B:这个袋和小提箱及那边的高尔夫球棍。

A:This way, please (to the elevator).

A:请往这边走(往电梯)。

B:This room looks all right.

B:这房间看来很好。

A:Thank you. A closet here and bathroom over there. Any other baggage coming, Sir?

A:多谢。柜橱在这里,浴池在那边。先生,还有其他行李要送来吗?

B:Yes, I've got two more things. I gave them to your porter. Will you bring them for me?

B:是的,还有两件行李要送来。我把它们给搬运工人。你可以帮我将它们搬来吗?

A:I'll ask the porter to bring them.

A:我会叫搬运员去搬行李的。

B:I want to send a cable, will you get me the cable form?

B:我想发个电报,你可以给我电报表格纸吗?

A:All stationeries are in the deskdrawer, Sir.

A:先生,所有文具都放在这桌子的抽屉里。

B:That's fine. I'll call you when it is ready.

B:那好,准备好了我会叫你的。

A:Yes, Sir. Anything else, Sir?

A:好的。先生,还有其他事吗?

B:No.

B:没有了。

2.索 要 纸 和 绳 子

A:I want to send this box to the USA. Will you get me some wrapping paper and cord?

A:我想寄这只箱子到美国,你能给我一些包装纸和绳子吗?

B:Yes, Sir...Will these do?

B:好的,先生。……这些行吗?

A:Now, will you do this up for me?

A:噢,你可以帮我包装吗?

B: Yes...Is this all right?

B:好的,这样行吗?

A:That looks fine. You've made a good job of it. Thank you.

A:很好,你包得很好,谢谢你。

B:You are quite welcome.

B:不必客气。

3.冲 洗 胶 卷

A:Anything I can do for you?

A:有什么事吗?

B:I want to have some films developed.

B:我要冲洗胶卷。

A:We can manage them for you. Black and white or color?

A:我们可以为你代办。是黑白的还是彩色的?

B:Color. Three rolls altogether. When can I get them back?

B:是彩色的,一共三卷。什么时候可以取?

A:Tomorrow afternoon, I suppose.

A:我看得明天下午。

B:All right. It's not urgent.

B:可以,我不着急。

A:I'm sorry, because of the negligence of the shop, the color films were spoilt.

A:对不起,由于商店工作人员的疏忽,胶卷冲坏了。

B:What a shame I don't believe they were neglectful of their work.

B:很遗憾,我不相信这是工作上的疏忽。

A:It's misunderstanding, I'm afraid. The shop is going to compensate the damaged films.

A:请你不要误会。冲坏的胶卷,商店准备赔偿。

B:Well, that's all right.

B:那不必了。

4.印 照 片

A:I want to have some negatives printed.

A:我想印几张照片。

B:How many pieces do you want to print?

B:印几张?

A:Two pieces. Besides I want one photo enlarged.

A:印两张,还要一张放大的。

B:What size?

B:要放多大尺寸的?

A:Six by three. One for each will be all right.

A:6×3的,每样放大一张。

B:Here is the receipt, four yuan and seventy fen. That's five yuan and sixty fen in all including the service charge.

B:这是发票,4元7角加上代办费一共5元6角。

5.整 理 行 李

A:Your trunks are here. Do you want them both in the room?

A: 你的皮箱在这里,把它们全放在房间里吗?

B:Where are they? I want to see them.

B:行李在哪儿呢?我想看着。

A:Downstairs. Can you come down with me?

A: 在楼下,你可以和我下去吗?

B: Certainly, I need this one in the room, leave the other one in our baggage room.

B:好,请把这一件送到我的房间,另一件留在你们的行李房好了。

A:Your trunk, sir. Where would you like me to put it?

A: 先生,你的皮箱要放在哪里?

B:Right against the wall.

B:放在靠墙那边行了。

6.搬 运 行 李

A:Please ask the porter to come to my room.

A: (通过电话)请叫个搬运员来我房间。

B:Porter, sir.

B: 先生,我是搬运员。

A:I want to have this grip and that trunk checked for Guangzhou.

A:我想把这个手提包和那个皮箱托运到广州。

B:Yes, sir. Which train are you going to take?

B: 先生,好的,你坐哪一班火车呢?

A:The 8:35 train, tomorrow morning.

A:明天早上8点35分的火车。

B:Do you have the ticket?

B: 你有车票吗?

A:No, not yet. You'll have to get them for me. Two second class. Here, take this money.

A:还没有,请你帮我买两张二等的,钱在这里,请拿去。

B:Do you want to have your baggage delivered at the other end, or are you going to pick it up?

B: 你的包裹是让人送来呢,还是你自己去领取呢?

A:Better have it delivered. Here is the address.

A:最好把它们送来,这是地址。

B:All right.

B: 好的。

7.代 付 费 用

A:Will you pay for me if there's any charge for overweight?

A:如果超重,请你先代付费用可以吗?

B:I don't think there is any charge for overweight.

B: 我想不会付什么超重费的。

A:I don't think either. You'll arrange it, will you?

A:我想也不会的,由你安排,好吗?

B:Yes, sir. I'll take charge of it.

B: 先生,是的,我会办理的。

A:By the way, will you put the hotel labels on my baggage, please? Porter, I have two pieces of baggage to be picked up at the station. Will you get them for me?

A:嗯,对了,请你将旅馆的标签贴在我的行李上好吗? 搬运员,我有两件行李在车站上,你可以替我拿回来吗?

B:Yes, sir. May I take the check? When did you send these?

B: 好的,先生,把取号牌给我好吗?你何时寄运的呢?

A:Yesterday afternoon, from Kowloon.

A:昨天下午,由九龙寄出。

B:They ought to be here, by this time then.

B: 那么,这个时候,它们应该到了。

8.宾 馆 咨 询 服 务(1)

A:Where is the dining hall?

A: 餐厅在几楼?

B:It is on the seventh floor.

B: 在七楼。

A:Is there a bar in the hotel?

A: 宾馆有酒吧间吗?

B:Yes, there it is.

B: 有,就在哪儿。

A:Where are the billiard room and table tennis room?

A: 弹子房、乒乓室在哪层楼?

B:They are on the ground floor.

B: 在底层。

A:And the barber's?

A: 理发室呢?

B:It is on the ground floor, too.

B: 也在底层。

A:Where can I get a taxi?

A: 向哪里要出租汽车?

B:You can call it at the service desk.

B: 向服务台要。

A:Where are the shop and post service?

A: 小卖部、邮电服务处设在哪里?

B:They are both on the ground floor.

B: 都在底层。

9.宾 馆 咨 询 服 务(2)

A:Where is the China International Travel Service?

A: 中国国际旅行社在哪里?

B:It is at No.24 on east Nanjing Road.

B: 在南京东路24号。

A:How can I get to the Friendship Store and Seaman's Club?

A: 去友谊商店、海员俱乐部怎么走?

B:It's at No.38 on Hebei Road. Walk along the Haihe River to the north.

B: 沿海河往北走,在河北路38号。

A:Where is the Bank of China?

A: 中国银行在哪里?

B:It is at No.24, Zhong Shan Road.

B: 在中山路24号。

A:What are the places of interests in Tianjin? Can I visit the Du Le Temple?

A: 天津有些什么名胜古迹?我想去看看独乐寺,行吗?

B:Please contact the reception office.

B: 请你与接待处联系。

10.帮 忙 拿 行 李 (1)

A:May I help you with your luggage?

A:需要我帮您拿行李吗?

B:No, thanks. I can carry it myself.

B:不,谢谢。我自己可以拿行李。

A:This way, please.

A:请往这边走。

11.帮 忙 拿 行 李 (2)

A:Take my baggage, please.

A:请帮我拿一下行李。

B:Is this everything, sir?

B:这是全部的东西么,先生?

A:Yes, that is everything.

A:是的。

B:Follow me, please.

B:请跟我走。

A:Thanks.

A:谢谢。

Complaints投诉抱怨

中西文化

旅店的服务总会有不尽如人意的地方,这时你可以向管理者抱怨或投诉。这不仅可以使你的权益得到保障,享受到优质的服务,还能让旅店的服务状况得到改善,两全其美。

酒店的一些常见基础设施名称:bathroom consoles 浴室储物柜,bathroom vanity 浴室盥洗室,beauty shop 美容店,beside table 床头柜,broadband internet 宽带上网,keycard 钥匙牌,laundry service 洗衣处,massage bathtub 按摩浴缸,sprinkler system 自动喷水灭火系统。

典型对话

1.抱 怨 洗 浴

A:Good evening, this is housekeeper. How can I help you?

A:晚上好,客房管理部。请问需要什么帮助?

B:Hello, this is Mr. Smith in room 648.There are some problems with my room.

B:晚上好,我是住在 648房间的史密斯先生。我的房间出现了一些问题。

A:I am sorry to hear that, sir. What exactly is wrong?

A:很抱歉,先生。具体出现了什么问题?

B:Well, above all, there are no towels in the bathroom.

B:首先,在浴室里没有毛巾。

A:We'll send a maid immediately to bring you some. Is there anything else we can do for you?

A:我们马上派服务员给您送去。还有其他需要我们为您效劳的吗?

B:Yes, there is. The hot water doesn't seem to be working. This is really unacceptable.

B:是的,热水不太热。这简直令人无法接受。

A:I'm sorry, sir. We are having the water system repaired at once. The water will be back on at 9 o'clock.

A:对不起,先生。我们现在正在维修自来水系统。它在9点钟可以恢复使用。

B:That's not enough. I need to have a shower before then. I have an important meeting this evening!

B:那太糟糕了。我需要在这之前洗澡。晚上我还有一个重要的会议呢!

A:Perhaps we could bring you some water from the boiler to fill your bath.

A:或许我们可以从热水器里为您取出一些水来洗澡。

B:I suppose that will do.

B:我想就这么办吧。

2.投 诉 餐 厅 服 务

A:I'm very unhappy with your restaurant service. I was badly treated by a rude waiter.

A:我对你们的餐厅服务十分不满。一个服务员对我非常无礼。

B:I'm terribly sorry about this. I will contact with the Food and Beverage Manager immediately. He'll deal with it. May I have your name and room number?

B:真是很抱歉。我会立即同餐饮部经理联系,他将处理这件事。把您的房间号和姓名告诉我,好吗?

A:Walter, Room 4052.

A:沃尔特,4052房间。

B:Please accept my apology on behalf of the hotel.

B:请接受我代表酒店向您道歉。

3.抱 怨 房 间 光 线

A:Did you ring for service, sir?What can I do for you?

A:是您打电话叫服务吗,先生?有什么需要我服务的吗?

B:Yes. The light in my room is too dim. Can you get me a brighter one, please?

B:是的。我房间的灯太暗了。能给我换一个亮一点的吗?

A:Certainly, sir. Do you mind if I move your things?

A:当然可以,先生。您介意我移动一下您的东西吗?

B:No. Go ahead.

B:没关系。

A:How is the light now?

A:现在光线怎么样?

B:It is much better now. Thank you.

B:现在好多了。谢谢你。

A:You are welcome. And if there is anything more you need, please let us know.

A:不客气。如果您还有别的要求,请告诉我们。

B:OK.

B:好的。

4.换 房 要 求

A:Good morning, sir. Anything I can do for you?

A:早上好,先生。有什么为您服务的吗?

B:I am in Room 325.Can you change the room for me?It is too noisy. I was woken up several times by that noise from the street.

B:我住在 325房间。能给我换个房间吗?那里太吵了,晚上我被街上传来的嘈杂声吵醒好几次。

A:I am awfully sorry, sir. I do apologize. Room 325 faces the street, so it is possible that the noise is heard from the street.

A:真的非常抱歉。我郑重向您道歉。325房间面对街道,所以可能会听到街上的嘈杂声。

B:Anyhow, I'd like to change my room.

B:不管怎样,我希望换个房间。

A:No problem, sir. We will manage it as soon as we can. But we don't have any spare room today. Could you wait till tomorrow? There will be some spare rooms tomorrow morning, you can choose one from them.

A:没有问题,先生。我们会尽快处理的。但是今天我们这里没有空房间,您能等到明天吗?明天早上就会有空房间,您可以从中选一间。

B:All right. I hope I will be able to enjoy my stay in a quiet room tomorrow and have a sound sleep.

B:好的。我希望明天可以有一个安静的房间,睡个好觉。

A:Be sure.

A:一定可以。

5.房 门 故 障

A:I can't open the door of my room.

A:我打不开我房间的门。

B:I am really sorry. We will send someone to repair it right now. What is your room number?

B:非常抱歉,我们马上派人去修理。你的房间号是多少?

A:I am in the Room 102.

A:我住102房间。

Business Center商务中心

中西文化

在跨文化的商务沟通中,商务人士面临很多问题。越来越多的商务人士已经觉察到文化的强烈冲击,他们当中日渐增多的人士开始意识到跨文化沟通的意义所在,并且更好地理解了跨文化商务沟通的特点,以便在今后的商务活动中做得更为出色。

典型对话

1.打 资 料

A:Can you type these materials for me?

A:你能帮我打这些资料吗?

B:Sure.What time do you expect it?

B:当然可以。您什么时候要?

A:It's urgent.I need it before 5 o'clock.

A:是急件。我需要在5点以前拿到。

B:No problem,sir.I'll send it to your room as soon as I finish typing.

B:没问题,先生。我一打完就送到您房间去。

A:Thank you.

A:谢谢。

2.寄 包 裹

A:Good morning,sir.Can I help you?

A:早上好,先生。有什么能帮您的吗?

B:Yes.I would like to send this parcel to Brazil.It's quite urgent.Can I send it from here?

B:我想把这个包裹寄往巴西,是很紧急的,请问可以在这里投寄吗?

A:Certainly,sir.Do you want to send it by air or by express mail?

A:当然可以,先生。您想寄航空还是快件呢?

B:By express mail,please.

B:寄快件吧。

A:Just a minute.I'll weigh it for you.It's two hundred and five yuan,please.

A:请等一会儿,让我称一下包裹的重量,邮费是205元。

B:That's all alright.

B:好的。

3.设 备 齐 全

A:May I help you, miss?

A:小姐,有什么需要我服务的?

B:I need to send a fax.

B:我要发一份传真。

A:Certainly. The fee is 5 yuan per page for a local fax. Long distance faxes cost more.

A:没问题。发本地传真每页费用5元,长途传真贵一些。

B:It's to Shanghai. By the way, do you have computers here?

B:是发到上海的。还有,你们这里有没有电脑?

A:Yes, we do. And we have printers too.

A:有,打印机也有。

4.复 印 文 件

A:Good afternoon, Sir. May I help you?

A:先生,下午好。有什么需要我为您效劳的吗?

B:I want to duplicate these files.

B:我想复印这些文件。

A:All right. How many copies do you want?

A:好的。您要复印几份?

B:Three copies each.

B:各3份。

A:Do you want colored photocopying or white and black?

A:是彩印还是黑白复印?

B:White and black, please.

B:黑白的。

A:Do you want them urgently?

A:您急着要吗?

B:Yes. I will be out in a moment. Could you send to Room 413 at nine this evening?

B:是的。我马上要出去。你能晚上9点送到413房间来吗?

A:OK. Can I have you name?

A:好的。请问您贵姓?

B:Mr Black. Thank you very much!

B:布莱克。非常感谢你!

A:You're welcome!

A:不客气。

5.复 印 资 料

A:Good afternoon, sir. Can I help you?

A:下午好,先生。有什么事能为您效劳的吗?

B:Yes. I'd like to have these copied.

B:我想复印这些资料。

A:Certainly. How many copies would you like?

A:好的。您想复印多少份?

B:Two copies for each.

B:每张2份。

A:I see.

A:我明白了。

6.急 件

A:And can you type these for me?

A:你能给我打这些资料吗?

B:Sure. What time do you expect it?

B:当然可以。您什么时候要?

A:It's urgent. I need it before five o'clock.

A:是急件。我需要在5点以前拿到。

B:No problem, sir. I'll send it to your room as soon as I finish typing.

B:没问题,先生。我一打印完就送到您房间去。

A:Thank you.

A:谢谢。

B:(Bring the bill) Could you sign here, please?

B:(递账单)请您在这儿签字好吗?

A:Sure.

A:好的。

7.发 传 真(1)

A:Can I fax this paper?

A:我可以传真这份文件吗?

B:Certainly, sir. Where do you want to fax it to?

B:当然可以,先生,请问是传真到哪里的?

A:To U.K.

A:英国。

B:How would you like to pay for it, sir?

B:你打算怎样付款呢,先生?

A:Could you charge it to my room bill?

A:可记在我的客房账单内吗?

B:Certainly, sir. May I have your room number?

B:当然可以,请告诉我你的房间号码。

A: 2136.

A:2136。

B:(Gets the paper) The number is blurred, sir. Is it 053 516 222?

B:(接过文件)上面的号码有点模糊,请问是 053 516 222吗?

A:Yes, that's correct.

A:对的。

B:Here is your fax record, sir. Would you please sign here?

B:这是你的传真记录,先生,麻烦你在这里签名好吗?

8.发 传 真(2)

A:I would like to send a fax.

A:我想要发一份传真。

B:Where to? / To which country?

B:发到哪儿?/发到哪个国家?

A:Germany.

A:德国。

B:To Germany it's 15 yuan per minute, plus service charge. The service charge is 15%, with a minimum of 10 yuan.

B:发到德国的传真是每分钟15元,另加服务费。服务费是15%,最低收费10元。

A:That's fine.

A:好吧。

B:And if the fax goes through but isn't clear, we waive the service charge but you still must pay the fee for the telephone line.

B:如果传真发过去了,但是不清楚,我们可以免收服务费,可是您必须付时间费用。

A:Even if the fax can't be read?

A:即使是传真读不了吗?

B:I'm afraid so. Because the Telephone Bureau charge us for the use of the line even if the quality of the fax is poor.

B:恐怕是的。因为电话局要向我们收取占线费,即使传真的质量很差。

9.发 传 真(3)

A:May I know the number, please?

A:告诉我您的传真号码行吗?

B:Here you are.

B:给你。

A:Is this the area code? It seems that the area code is missing.

A:这个是地区号码吗?好像漏写地区号了。

B:Really? Let me check... Oh, you're right. Here, let me see. (Guest scribbles in the missing number.) Here you are.

B:是吗?我查一下。……噢,你说的对。让我看一下。(客人潦草地补写了漏掉的号码。)给你。

A:(Sends the fax, shows the transmission report.) Oh, it's just over a minute, so you'll have to pay for two minutes, unfortuately.

A:(发传真,出示记录单)噢,可惜,它刚好超过了一分钟,所以您得付两分钟的费用。

B:Why didn't you say I should pay for one minute? It's only two seconds over on minute.

B:你为什么不说我应该付1分钟的费用呢?只超出了2秒钟。

A:I know, it's shame. But we have to charge by the minute because that's how the Telephone Bureau bills us. I'm sorry.

A:我知道,太遗憾了。可是我们不得不收取超过一分钟以上的时间的费用,因为电话局要向我们收这笔费用。非常对不起。

B:Wow, so what do I owe you?

B:哦,那么我该付你多少钱呢?

A:If comes to 42 yuan.

A:一共是42元。

10.临 时 翻 译

A:I will participate in an international antique exhibition tomorrow. Could you help me hire a temporary escort?

A:我明天要参加一上国际性古董展览会。你可以帮我雇一个临时性的陪同吗?

B:Yes, I'd like to. Which language interpreter do you want?

B:好的,非常愿意为您效劳。您要什么语言的翻译?

A:Italian, please.

A:意大利语的。

B:Man or woman?

B:男的还是女的?

A:Man is OK, but woman is better.

A:男的也可以,不过女的就更好了。

B:I will call our subordinate translation company, and give you a satisfactory answer an hour later.

B:我马上给酒店下属的翻译公司打电话,一个小时后给您一个满意的答复。

A:Thank you!

A:谢谢!

11. 翻 译 服 务

A:From your handbook, I knew that you provide translation service.

A:我从你们酒店的服务手册上得知,这儿提供翻译服务。

B:Yes. What can I do for you?

B:是的。 有什么需要帮忙的吗?

A:Could you help me translate the product introduction from Chinese into English?

A:请帮我把这份产品说明书翻译成英语可以吗?

B:OK. It will take about half an hour. There are some current business magazines.

B:好的。大约需要半个小时。这里有近期的商务杂志。

A:Thank you for your thoughtfulness.

A:谢谢你想得这么周到。

Checking Out结账

中西文化

国内外宾馆对待延期结账做法不一。12点结账是国际惯例。超过中午12点结账,就要按第二天计费或加收房费,这是一直以来国内宾馆酒店业的惯用做法。对此做法,有消费者提意见认为,如果住宿不满24小时也要中午12点结账,并且按一天收费不公平。

不管怎样,很多人欢迎推迟结账的做法。12点结账确实给客人造成很多不便,因为午餐时间一般是11点半到12点半,结账时间正好卡在中间,这让很多客人无奈拎着行李就餐。即使有宾馆“体贴”地帮客人寄存行李,依然会带来不便。14时结账,就能让入住旅客从容就餐。

12点结账这个被普遍接受的惯例,实际上并非中国独有,国际上很多国家的宾馆都是如此。而且超过12点,一般会加收房费,除了个别宾馆会酌情通融一下。

在美国,位于纽约时代广场附近的威斯汀酒店、威灵顿酒店,以及不远处的巴克莱洲际酒店,其入住时间均为下午3点,而结账时间则无一例外为中午12点。中间的空档期则是打扫、整理房间的时间。从一个曾在美国住过宾馆的朋友那里了解到,如果12点不退房,一般要另交半天房费。不过,《纽约时报》曾报道,像瑞富连锁酒店等少数宾馆实行“24小时结账制”,只要客人使用房间没有超过24小时,就只收取一天的房费。另外使用信用卡的人应该查询一下附带服务,因为持有某些信用卡住宿指定酒店,持卡人可以享受1到4小时不等的免费延迟退房服务。

在英国伦敦,惯例是下午2点入住,中午12点结账,入住时间略微提前,但结账时间依然是雷打不动的12点。3个著名酒店均是如此,其中有位于伦敦的肯圣顿广场假日饭店和索非特圣詹姆士酒店。如果12点不退房,则需适当缴费,伦敦斯马特卡姆登旅馆的规定是,延迟退房需多缴10英镑,大约相当于半天房费。

典型对话

1.信 用 卡 结 账

A:I'd like to pay my bill now.

A:我想现在结账。

B:Your name and room number, please?

B:请问您的姓名和房间号码?

A:Jim Green in Room 3451. Is there a penalty for late checkout?

A:吉姆·格林,3451房。过了离店时间会收取罚金吗?

B:No.

B:不会。

A:Can I pay by credit card?

A:可以用信用卡支付吗?

B:Yes, of course. The current rate is 40 dollars per night.

B:是的,当然可以。现行房费是40美元一天。

A:Does that include the service charge and tax?

A:包含服务费和税吗?

B:Yes. Two nights at 40 dollars each makes a total of 80 dollars.

B:包含。两晚,每晚40美元,共80美元。

A:OK, I'd like a receipt, please. Well, I'd also like to know if it is possible to leave my baggage here until this afternoon.

A:好的。请给我开收据。对了,我想知道可不可以把我的行李寄放在这里,等我下午再来取。

B:That's OK.

B:可以。

2.替 朋 友 一 起 结 账

A:Good morning, ma'am. What can I do for you?

A:早上好,女士。有什么能为您效劳的吗?

B:Yes, I'd like to pay my bill now.

B:是的。我想现在结账。

A:Would you please tell me your name and room number?

A:请问您的姓名和房间号码?

B:Eileen Green, Room 1208.

B:艾琳·格林,我住1208号房。

A:Yes, Ms. Green. Have you used any hotel services?

A:好的,格林女士。您是否用过酒店内的服务设施?

B:No, I haven't.

B:没有,我没有使用任何服务设施。

A:How about the charge for the days you shared the room with your friend?

A:您与朋友合住那几天的费用怎么算呢?

B:Please add it to my account. Thank you.

B:请记在我的账里。谢谢。

A:Please wait a moment. I'll need to check our records. Here is your bill. Five nights at 80 yuan each and here are the meals that you had at the hotel. That makes a total of 560 yuan. Please check it.

A:请稍候。我需要查一下我们的记录。这是您的账单。共五个晚上,每晚八十元,加上您的用餐费用,总共五百六十元。请您核对。

A:I didn't change enough money just now. Can I pay in American dollars?

B:噢,我刚刚没有兑换那么多钱,我能用美元结账吗?

B:Sorry, Ms. Green. You can pay in local currency only. But you can get your money changed at the Exchange Counter over there.

A:对不起,格林女士。您只能用本国货币结账。您可以在那边的兑换处换钱。

B:Then can I pay by credit card?

B:那我能用信用卡付账吗?

A:Certainly, you can.

A:当然可以。

B:Here is my card.

B:这是我的卡。

A:OK. Please sign your name here. Thank you. Here is your receipt.By the way, the checkout time is 12:00 at noon.

A:好了。请在这儿签名。 顺便告诉您,结账后离开酒店的时间是中午12点。

3.结 账 出 错

A:I would like to check out, please.

A:我要结账退房。

B:May I get your room key?

B:可以把你房间钥匙给我吗?

A:Yes, here it is. Could you tell me what the total bill is?

A:好的,给你,请告诉我总共是多少钱?

B:It is 420 dollars including tax. Here is an itemized list of your expenses.

B:连税一共是420美元。这里有一张收费的明细表。

A:Wait a minute. I never ordered any movies in my room or made any long distance calls. I think I have the wrong ticket.

A:稍等一下。我从没有在房间订电影看,也没有打长途电话。我想我的账单是拿错了。

B:Oh no. I am so sorry. Here's the correct bill. It's only 300 dollars.

B:噢,是不对。非常抱歉。正确的账单在这儿。只有300美元。

A:That sounds right.

A:那听起来是对了。

B:Thanks for your patience. We hope you'll come and visit us again soon.

B:谢谢你的耐心。我们希望你很快会再来入住。

4.现 金 结 账

A:Tomorrow morning I will leave for Washington, so please close my account up for tomorrow morning. I'll pay cash for tomorrow's breakfast.

A:明天早上我要去华盛顿,请给我结账到明早。明天早饭我用现金支付。

B:Here is your bill, please check it.

B:给您账目,请清查一下。

A:That's right. Could you reserve this room for me? I'll be back in a few days.

A:没错,你能为我保留这间吗?我几天后就回来。

B:No problem, Mr. Jackson. We are looking forward to your coming again.

B:没问题,杰克逊先生,我们期待您再次光顾本酒店。

5.结 账 清 单

A:I live in room No.519.I am leaving today. Please settle my hotel account.

A:我住519房间,今天离店,请结账。

B:When are you leaving?

B:你什么时候退房?

A:At one o'clock in the afternoon.

A:下午1点退。

B:According to the hotel regulation, the time limit for settling account is at noon, if a guest leaves his room from twelve to eighteen, he must pay half a day rent.

B:饭店规定以中午12点为计算房金的时间期限,如果客人在12点到18点期间退房要算半天房钱。

A:I'm leaving at twelve.

A:那我12点退房。

B:Do you need a taxi to the airport?

B:需要打个出租车送你到机场吗?

A:Yes.

A:要。

B:When will you need the taxi?

B:你几点要出租车?

A:At half past one in the afternoon.

A:下午1点半要。

B:Will the taxi fee be settled together with the rent?

B:汽车费现在一起结算好吗?

A:Please do it according to your regulation. I am going to Wuxi for two days, can I leave three pieces of luggage here?

A:按照你们的规定办吧。我要去无锡两天,有三件行李存放在这里可以吗?

B:Yes, please leave them to the room attendant. The service for the big piece is 20 cents per day. For the small one 10 cents.

B:可以,请你把行李交给服务员。行李保管费每天大件2角,小件1角。

A:I want to have my bill ready tomorrow. But I would like to know the approximate sum, so that I may cash my foreign exchange.

A:我明天结账,请告诉我付费的大概数字,以便兑换钱币。

B:About five hundred yuan. 497.84 yuan altogether.

B:大约500元。一共497元8角4分。

6.收 空 调 费

A: Does it include air conditioning?

A:包括空调费吗?

B:Yes, it includes.

B:是的,包括。

A:There is no air conditioning in the room. Why should I pay?

A:房间里好像没有空调,怎么要收这笔费用呢?

B:There is air conditioning. Perhaps it is not cold enough, but you have to pay the charge.

B:空调器是开着的,可能冷气不足,但费用还是要收的。

A:Sorry, these two bills have been missed out. Sorry, this food bill is not mine. Shall I pay the bill now?

A:对不起,刚才漏了两张账单。这张用膳单不是我的。现在我可以结账了吧?

B:Your bill has been already sent to your room.

B:你的账单己送到房间里去了。

7.淡 季 打 折

A:What are the items covered in the bill?

A:账单里包括了哪些项目?

B:It covers accommodation, meal, taxi and long distance call, check it, please.

B:包括住宿费、餐费、出租车费、长途电话费等,请核对一下。

A:Does the hotel hold a discount action?

A:旅馆打折吗?

B: We normally offer our guests a 10%~20% discount in off seasons.

B:我们通常在淡季给顾客8~9折。

A:Yes, I see.

A:明白了。

B:How about the charge for the days you shared the room with your friend?

B:这几天你的朋友与你合住的费用怎么算?

A:Please add to my account. I want to settle my account, here is my room's key.

A:请记在我的账上。 我来结账,这是我房间的钥匙。

8.出 示 账 单

A:Just a moment, please. Here is your bill.

A:请稍等,这是你的账单。

B:Excuse me, what's this charge?

B:对不起,这是什么费用?

A:Oh, that's four cans of coke in your refrigerator.

A:哦,是你从冰箱中取用4听可乐的费用。

B:Yes, I see, and this one?

B:明白了,那么这一笔呢?

A:That's your taxi fee.

A:这是你的出租车费。

B:Is this the total changes of the bill?

B:这就是总的费用吗?

A:Yes, altogether comes to 836 dollars.

A:是的,总计836美元。

B:May I use the credit card to pay?

B:我能用信用卡支付吗?

A:Of course, you can.

A:当然可以。

同类推荐
  • 翻开就能用 出国旅游英语

    翻开就能用 出国旅游英语

    本书收录了10个与本单元密切相关的单词。汇集了20个与对话相关的短语,包含上一部分的单词。经典、贴切、鲜活的两段对话。网罗了10到20个使用频率最高的句子,分门别类,增加读者的句式储备量。在英语学习的同时,增加一些与话题相关的小知识。活跃学习气氛。
  • 人生要耐得住寂寞

    人生要耐得住寂寞

    成功非一蹴而就,高尔基曾说过“凡事皆有终结,因此,耐心是赢得成功的一种手段。”爱情亦如此,宁缺毋滥。我选择用一生独自等待,我的成功……我的爱……
  • 一个人也能学好英语

    一个人也能学好英语

    当今社会,英语的实用越来越频繁了。尤其在80,90后表现得尤为突出。实用英语交流几乎成为了一项最基本的技能。就像开车一样,几乎成为了人人必会的项目。看到小伙伴们都能讲一口流利的英语。而自己所学的书面英语,根本不能达到交流的目的。而又碍于情面,逃避交友,社交。建议此种情况,作者根据此类人群的学习和心理特性,特别编写了《一个人也能学好英语》,就是让你一个人悄悄地修炼,等练成出关的时候,一口地道的美语,一定会让你的小伙伴惊讶不已的,羡慕、嫉妒、恨。
  • Stories by English Authors in London

    Stories by English Authors in London

    Frequently I have to ask myself in the street for the name of the man I bowed to just now, and then, before I can answer, the wind of the first corner blows him from my memory.
  • A New View of Society

    A New View of Society

    本书为公版书,为不受著作权法限制的作家、艺术家及其它人士发布的作品,供广大读者阅读交流。
热门推荐
  • 绝世傲娇妃:王爷王爷你别跑

    绝世傲娇妃:王爷王爷你别跑

    作为一个21世纪成功女性作家,某女表示各种傲娇,然而傲娇也是有报应的,于是她神奇的穿越到了她的小说里。她记得一开始的时候,庶妹会打她然而她就会接住!但当她无比振奋的想要接住庶妹的一个鞭子的时候,于是她被庶妹打的天地不知。于是她又想到了她温柔的大哥…然而事实并不是这样子的…大哥大哥您喜欢我直说好不好…不要藏着啊!乖!虽然有些剧情不对但是大概还都是对的上头的,比如她碰到了美男…“王爷!你的节操呢?”(王爷王爷~)“突然想起来几天前被你吃完了。”“节操大拍卖!”“哔—”“的节操只要9毛9”(拿出来卖就有钱买男宠了!)“臭丫头!太想我了是不是!”“咳咳咳,奴婢知罪…先行告退…”(哼唧!那么傲娇干嘛!)
  • 帝罪纪

    帝罪纪

    少年神将北堂将延,犯下世人所不容之大罪孽,唯天下共诛之人,然则人不容我又如何?只要天还容我,我一样把这天下,捅个底朝天。
  • 福妻驾到

    福妻驾到

    现代饭店彪悍老板娘魂穿古代。不分是非的极品婆婆?三年未归生死不明的丈夫?心狠手辣的阴毒亲戚?贪婪而好色的地主老财?吃上顿没下顿的贫困宭境?不怕不怕,神仙相助,一技在手,天下我有!且看现代张悦娘,如何身带福气玩转古代,开面馆、收小弟、左纳财富,右傍美男,共绘幸福生活大好蓝图!!!!快本新书《天媒地聘》已经上架开始销售,只要3.99元即可将整本书抱回家,你还等什么哪,赶紧点击下面的直通车,享受乐乐精心为您准备的美食盛宴吧!)
  • 回档过去做神豪

    回档过去做神豪

    这一年,某司苹果手机还只发行了五代。这一年,移通信4G网络还没有完全普及。这一年,撸啊撸游戏刚刚火爆。这一年,网络直播职业刚刚开始发育。这一年,娱乐综艺节目还没有正式流入国内,名动一时的跑男团还没有组建。这一年,房价还没有像未来那样,随便一平米就是好几万的。这一年,什么都跟苏凯经历过得2020年不同。
  • 福妻驾到

    福妻驾到

    现代饭店彪悍老板娘魂穿古代。不分是非的极品婆婆?三年未归生死不明的丈夫?心狠手辣的阴毒亲戚?贪婪而好色的地主老财?吃上顿没下顿的贫困宭境?不怕不怕,神仙相助,一技在手,天下我有!且看现代张悦娘,如何身带福气玩转古代,开面馆、收小弟、左纳财富,右傍美男,共绘幸福生活大好蓝图!!!!快本新书《天媒地聘》已经上架开始销售,只要3.99元即可将整本书抱回家,你还等什么哪,赶紧点击下面的直通车,享受乐乐精心为您准备的美食盛宴吧!)
  • 藤皇战记

    藤皇战记

    一个有着长生梦想的穷小子为了追求自己的女神而杀出一条血路,证得自身大道。
  • 天上掉下只小狐狸

    天上掉下只小狐狸

    有的时候,事实往往就谎言而已;有的时候,你不得不去相信谎言。因为谎言,她与她由亲人变成敌人;因为谎言,她与他由朋友变成敌人;因为谎言,她与他却得知事实,暗地哭泣。这是他们的错吗?不,不是的。这是谎言的错吗?不,不是的。这是事实的错吗?不,不是的。那这到底是谁的错?
  • 神之剑祖

    神之剑祖

    一个初中生离奇的穿越到一个未知的世界,在那里,他找到了伴侣,找到了朋友!还有那久违的温暖!他历经生死,终登巅峰!最终回归地球!
  • 你是那颗星

    你是那颗星

    她悄悄地走进他的心房,成为了他心中最重要的人。
  • 白色眷恋

    白色眷恋

    因为不满皇马6比2的比分,中国青年律师沈星怒砸啤酒瓶,结果电光火石间,他穿越成了佛罗伦蒂诺的儿子,且看来自09年的小伙子如何玩转03年的欧洲足坛